Lump on collar bone, no pain but hard. Frequent sore throats and bladder infections. High BP. Had fallopian tube carcinoma. Related?

I have a lump on my left collar bone, it's about the size of a small olive. No pain, but hard and the other side does not feel the same. I have a history of cancer. Fallopian Tube Carcinoma, I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago. I am not been eating the same, no hunger and when I eat I feel full when I have only finished a few bites. My shoulders have had pain, the muscle is in a constant flex and over the past year, I have had 5 sore throats one of them happened to be very bad and the antibiotics didn't help, the infection wasn't recognized my the doctor when the labs came back. When I get sick I get real sick and this has only happened since the spring time. I also have had several bladder infections, I thought it was yeast and the dr said because of my HRT might be causing it, but after the culture came back it was bladder infection. My blood tests seem to all be normal but I have had high blood pressure since August which is also weird because I have never had that. I keep going to the doctor but they seem to treat one thing at a time, could this all be related or not?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Bony mass: would need a clinical examination and scanned for a diagnosis.
As you have had shoulder pains in the past, this needs a review soon. I cannot comment just by its hardness and size. There are many possibilities in your case which have to be ruled out in person.

Sore throats: commonly occur due to lowered immunity. Improve your levels by - good diet, XXXXXXX in citrus fruits. Antibiotics are sometimes ineffective when a resistant strain is involved, hence culture tests help.

Hypertension and Bone pains: can be explained due to the hysterectomy you underwent. Oestrogen lack causes menopausal symptoms. HRT is not always successful. You must have been explained the pros and cons. Check if you need alternative HRT regimens or doses.

Vertigo of Meniere's Disease: has a certain relation with hypertension. Sickness symptoms decrease with good control of BP. Check if you would need anti-hypertensive medications.

As you can see - all symptoms do have a relation and a bearing due to the central cause of your past medical history. As you would need focused attention, doctors often weigh benefit-to-risk ratio when treating any symptom. So, that would mean treating your most important concern above others.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.