Lump on chest, oozing yellow liquid, breastfeeding child. Suggestion?

Hi Doctory,

My wife got lump on her chest. It is broken today and yellow liquid(fuss) came out after this it looks like a small hole is formed there. I am little worries as it is formed on chest.
She is mother of 1 yr kid. She is breast feeding the kid.
Please suggest what to use as medicine? Do we have to worry?
Also please suggest which specialist I need to consult?
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
It could be a folliculitis or a infected boil which has burst giving out pus.
There is nothing to worry.
Clean it with plain water or savlon.
Apply local antibiotic ointment like neosporin and wrap it up with some gauze and tape.
If the swelling is big and red having lot of inflammation,you may have to take some antibiotic course for which you would be requiring a prescription from a doctor.You can go to your local physician as it doesn't require any specialist attention.
For pain you may take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for couple of days.
There is nothing to worry either for your wife or your child.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Lump on chest, oozing yellow liquid, breastfeeding child. Suggestion? 11 hours later
Thanks for detail mail.

I consulted general physician and he given below tablets. There is no pain as of now.
Zincovit apex
moral forte

Please suggest do I need to use all these tablets. I think zincovit is for energy. Do we have to take this tablet also?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Take the medicines as advised by your doctor.
The medicines prescribed are correct.