Lump on bottom lip, pus oozing. What is wrong?

Question
DEVELOPED LARGE MOUND ON BOTTOM LIP ON LATE FRI.NITE.TUE.3 PUSS PIMPLES FORMED BESIDE IT.WHAT COULD B WRONG?

Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi AAAA,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You are having an infection there, it can be of viral origin or bacterial origin.
Viral infection by Herpes called Herpes labialis is the strongest possibility but it can be other viral or bacterial one if you can notice a white dot pus point around hair root nearby or if you had a cot et cetera.
It would be very helpful if you can put up a follow up query with the photo graph- facing and side view.
Meanwhile start applying Cream Herpex/Zovirax 6hourly looking to strongest possibility of herpes.
I am hopeful the advise would be helpful for you.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!