Lump on arm, looks like a blood blister. Scabbed and healed after scratching. Could it be nodular melanoma?

I have a small lump on my arm probably less than 2mm. IT is read and I have tried to scratch it off and make it bleed and ooze. It is round, looks like a blood blister. Just appeared about a month ago. It has scapped over and healed and then come back. Could it be nodular melanoma?
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

A papular or a nodular lesion of a small size can be simple insect bite, result of a minor trauma, papular urticaria etc. The lesion turning into blister can be a simple reactionary process.

Though a melanoma can be a differential diagnosis, but it is rare possibility.

The true nature of the lesion can be confirmed by a biopsy.

I would suggest you to monitor the progress of the lesion. A personal visit to a dermatologist is suggested if there further growth, tenderness, skin colour changes and bleeding from the lesion.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns.