Lump near the ear, benign salivary gland tumor. Should operation be done or done after delivery?

ENT Specialist
i am ash 30 years & pregnent 5.5 month , i had a small lum near my ear fro last 2.5 years ,but from last 1 week it has been quit noticeable when cheked the repot says begain saliveary gland tumor,
now ? should be my call where to go operating or wait for the baby (i.c 4+3 mounts)
pls suggist
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

The lump near your ear could be a parotid gland swelling.

Do not worry! Most of the parotid gland swellings are due to transient inflammation of the gland and usually regresses after sometime.

If you have got ultrasound done, please post the report so that I can comment whether you will require the surgery immediately or not.

Secondly, drink plenty of water, it helps in opening up of the blockage of the parotid duct (presuming it to be parotid swelling) and thus reduce the swelling.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon