Lump in thigh, no pain, anal itching. Want this investigated

For the past three years I have had a small XXXXXXX lump (approximately 1.5 centimetres) in my upper left thigh, under the crease of my left buttock and near my anus. It rarely gives me pain and I have experienced some anal itching. I sit down and work at a laptop each day from home. I am trying to learn better posture, as I am prone to hunching over my laptop. I exercise regularly, playing tennis and running. I am aged 5'10" and 168lbs. I have no other symptoms, but I would like to get this investigated once and for all and will visit a doctor.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 5 hours later

There are couple of possibilities in your case,the common ones are

1. Blocked gland: this is very common
2. Fat lump
3. Some infection in skin around anus

You planning is fine, please visit a doctor. At least an examination is required to plan the treatment if anything is needed to be done.

As you are not having any other problem, there is nothing much to worry about, but still examination is must.

Please visit a primary care physician/general surgeon and get your self examined.

I hope this answers your query.