Lump in stomach above belly button, stinging sensation, fullness under ribcage

I am 46 years old. I can feel a lump in my stomach from the top right side above my belly button and feel a stinging sensation and fullness under my right ribcage
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Before answering your question,I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to advise you.
Since when you are feeling this lump in your stomach?
Are you suffering from any particular symptom like acidity,heartburn,vomiting,pain etc?
Is this lump tender to touch?
Do you feel any pulsations in this lump when you put your hand on it?
Have you noticed any weight loss ?
Did you suffer from pancretitis any time?
Any urinay complaints?

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Lump in stomach above belly button, stinging sensation, fullness under ribcage 19 hours later
Not tender to touch not pulsating. Right side rib cage slightly stings. No dramatic weight loss. Never had pancretitis. No urinary complaints I have been told i have multiple fibroids. This condition arose wen i became pregnant in july last year and miscarried in november. Since then i noticed the lump or mass when i lie on my back
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Your history and symptoms suggest you may be suffering from epigastric hernia.
It can be diagnosed by a physical inspection and a subsequent CT abdomen to see the defect in abdominal wall and to rule out any other problem.
Consult your doctor for the diagnosis and management.

Please write if there is any other query to ask.
Best of luck