Lump in inner thigh and neck, tender, headaches, stress high. Remedy and opinion?

May 2013
I have a lump in the crease of my inner thigh. It start about the size of a bee bee and has increased in size, to the size of a miniature peanut with the shell meaning in doesn't feel circular anymore but more elongated in the crease but with that funny feeling form. I know this may sound a bit confusing but that is the best way I can describe it. Sometimes when I mess with it its a bit tender and so since I rarely have time to see my doctor due to work I thought I seek advice and possible causes or even if something like this is life threatening? I did notice the other day where my panties were resting it began to fell more uncomfortable than I ever noticed before. I do not know if this was related but I had that same bee bee lump in my neck like 4 months or so earlier but it went away. As well as worsened headache have seem to have increase but don't really think the headaches could be linked maybe it's just stress related. I am a 32 year old female if that helps. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

the possible explanations for your lump are,

-enlarged lymphnode: lymphnodes will be present all around the body,
which help in immunity,
when some kind of local or systemic infection occurs they swell as part in the process of defense mechanism.
the causative infection may be sub-clinical that may not come to our notice sometimes.

may be the swelling you noticed 4 months before was swelling of neck lymphnode, which may occurred because of some infection in the head and neck,
most probably sinusitis means inflammation of the para-nasal sinuses, that might have led to your head ache.

-lymphoma: these are harmless fatty growths that can occur in the body.
they present as soft swellings.

-hernia:it appears because of prolapse of abdominal contents covered by layers of abdomen and skin, which appears as soft large bulge in the groin.

so now you visit local general surgeon and get examined once by that the exact nature of the lump can be determined and treatment can be taken according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.