Lump in chest muscles, hurts on coughing, pain in arm pit, arm numbness. Non smoker, does weight lifting, history of asthma. Causes for lump?

i have a bump in my left chest muscle, just below my colar bone. bout an inch to be exact. hurts at times mostly when coughing. at first it was very painfull when i coughed, now not so bad. it's been a week so far an im still having problems with it. another symptom is my arm pit has strange pains an my whole left arm goes num. I do alot of heavy lifting, any information will help!!! age 36, weight 160 dont smoke and i do have asthma
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
The bump just below the collar bone could be a hematoma or an abscess or an enlarged lymph node. An examination of the lump is necessary for proper diagnosis. Since it is painful, it indicates inflammation. A surgical procedure like drainage might be required along with systemic antibiotics.
The pain in your left arm might be related to the lump which must be compressing the underlying nerves.
I suggest you to get an appointment from your physician as soon as possible to know the nature of the lump. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.