Lump behind ear, sore but not tender, stuffy nose, had pain in other ear, pregnant

I have a lump behind my ear, it doesnt hurt to touch but can be a little sore. My nose is stuffy and have had a little ear pain in other ear. Oh and pregnant.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 57 minutes later

The description of the lump (Location and the soreness) indicates it to be a enlarged lymph node, associated with a transient infection in the ear, dentition or in the nasopharyngeal region.

Usually anti-inflammatory medications are prescribed for their resolution, but as you are pregnant I would advise you to refrain from any medications right now and if the pain is intolerable, then you can consider taking Paracetamol when required.

You can also take steam inhalation after adding drops of Euclayptus oil in the water for nasal congestion.

You might consult a doctor for a physical examination, if the size of the node increases or pain is persistent. In case of doubt, he might advise you to undergo a biopsy of the lymph nodes for a definitive diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have any doubts.