Ask a Urologist   »  

Lump and brown dots next to urethral opening after inguinal hernia surgery. No STDs. Worried about penis cancer.

I am 41, 5'11'' 170 lbs non-smoker. I have noticed a lump next to my pee hole opening........there are two reddish brown dots (smaller than 1 mm) on the lump........sometimes the lump seems to disappear and sometimes it is barely raised. I have noticed this for 1.5 years since my inguinal hernia surgery. It never seems to get better and it doesnt get worse. I am a virgin and have not done any sexual oral, no self abuse, etc. I had blood tests done in August since I will marry next month and the results are negative for any sexual diseases. The dots and slight soft fleshy lump are not painful, not itchy. I actually have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow but I am so worried tonight about penis cancer
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

First of all I want to reassure you that it does not seem to be a penile cancer. Penile cancers are associated with sore, pain, discharge, irritation, bleeding and progressing growth. Multiple partners and poor hygiene being the risks factors for its development.

Lump on the penis can be due to various reasons as:

1) Hormonal imbalance.

2) Allergy to any synthetic material or any product use.

3) Excessive tobacco use.

4) Age spots which are most likely due to abnormal pigmentation and insufficient exfoliation of the area seen with the advancing age.

To pinpoint the exact cause a physical examination is must. Till then you can take general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area. There is no harm in putting a calamine lotion in that area.
Consider visiting your Physician for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available in case you have any concerns.