Lower right abdominal pain. on anti acid medication. blood test, urine report normal. CT scan done. Will CT scan be abnormal if blood work is normal ?

I am having lower right abdominal pain for several weeks , anti acid medicine that I am taking right now gave me some relief, but it is still present sometimes. I have seen doctor today, he ordered blood work, urine work and CT scan with markers
I got blood work results and urine already, everything is normal ( still waiting on urinal culture results).
I am afraid of what CT scan will say in a few days ,but my question is that since my blood is good, should I breathe a little bit easier facing the CT scan, or it doesn't have to mean anything?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptom of right lower abdomen pain persistent for several weeks can be due to one of the following conditions:-
1. Acute appendicitis
2. Ovarian cyst with or without rupture or torsion
3. Any pelvic infection related to the intestines or colon (Enteritis Or Colitis).
4. Renal or urinary tract calculus.
Since your blood work has come normal acute infection like appendicitis is less likely. Rest of the causes can be detected by CT scan. In some cases colonoscopy is needed to diagnose inflammatory conditions of gut.
All these conditions are treatable. So you need not worry and wait for CT scan report to know the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.