Lower part of rib cage is sore. After flight felt swollen veins and something running down towards waist

The lower part of my left rib cage has been very sore. I recently had a three hour flight and when I got off of the plane, it was much more sore and I have what feels like a swollen vein or something like it running from the bottom of my rib cage (possible on top of the rib cage, I'm not sure) but down towards my waist. It is very sore and uncomfortable. Does this sound familiar?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take analgesic and muscle relaxant

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

There is no such vein extending from rib margin up to waist those which are present are very superficial and small vein and I don't think they can be felt as you are describing. I think it is muscular pain and just take analgesic of NSAID group like diclofenac with muscle relaxant like tinazidine. I hope your symptoms will be relieved. If not then get yourself examined by a doctor

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Lower part of rib cage is sore. After flight felt swollen veins and something running down towards waist 9 minutes later
Can the muscle feel like a thick, sore vein or rope like feeling just below the skin? I can feel that whatever the ropelike thing is does extend up above the bottom of my rib cage.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello! Thanks for feedback

Detailed Answer:
If there is spasm then muscle can be felt like that