Lower leg injured. Swelling and hard, black and blue knot appeared. Could the leg be broken?

I injured my lower leg on a dirt bike last night. My leg instanly turned black and blue and swelled up. The swelling has not went down at all with ice. Right below my knee I have a very big hard knot. My lower leg is all numb and hurts. I am able to walk on it with some presure but I also have a very high tolerance for pain. Could my leg be broke or what should I do? Any way I rest my leg it is very uncomfortable.
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 32 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Blue/black swelling on your leg is due to formation of Hematoma.

As possibility of fracture is present, you should consult an Orthopedic surgeon for examination at your earliest.

To exclude fracture of lower leg you have to get X-ray of your leg done.

Give rest to your leg.

Meanwhile you can take analgesic anti-inflammatory with Serratiopeptidase and can apply Thrombophobe ointment locally on bluish skin and Soframycin on wounds.
You have to take course of Tetanus toxoid injections also.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,