Lower disk started compressing on nerve after injury. Not cured by myolgin. Is it sciatica?

I have injured my back and one of my lower disk started compressing one my nerve a month ago. Right now I am better and have no pain. I jog daily on grass and stretch regularly. I was prescriped Myolgin capsules during my back pain and i have completed my dosage. I am a professional athlete and i am a sprinter. I get muscle spasm every time i sprint in my left hip. Since I am an athlete and i want to do good in my sports. So, sir it has been a good 3 weeks since my injury and i have been jogging 5 days a week and stretching everyday. Is that ok for me? Also, i take Myolgin may be one tablet a week, only when i feel my back is troubling me a lot. Sir, nowadays i am not able to sit for a long duration and i feel like extreme irritation in my back but no pain. It sort of feels uncomfortable and i feel pain in my lower left knee, the same side where i injured my back. So, what could be the possible options for me now?Is it Sciatica and what are the possible medications for me to get rid of this? I want to get back in my sport at my 100% and this injury has been nagging me for quite sometime. I am really frustated right now
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The reason for this pain is the compression of the sciatic nerve known as sciatica which causes pain and some times numbness along its distribution. After having trauma you should take rest for at least two complete weeks using medications like anti inflammatory and vitamin B12 supplements along with physiotherapy but avoiding prolong sitting posture. After the resolution of the symptoms you sports will help you more in your fitness but as soon as you realize you have the problem with your back. try to have physio for atleast one week from a professional physiotherapist.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask