Ask a Homeopath   »  

Lower back problem, slip disc L4 & L5 ligaments. Taken homeo & natural therapy medication.Suggestion for yoga techniques to strengthen lower back?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have lower back problem (Slip disc - L4 & L 5 ligments), now it has been rectified to XXXXXXX extent after taking Homieo and natural therapy medicines.

Now, I would request you to suggest me some yoga techniques to strengthen my Lower back, thigh, ham string, and calf musles to maintain the strengthen my back.

Thanks in Advance.

Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Yoga
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later
I understand and respect your willingness to try alternative medicine. But being a physician with many years of experience, I would suggest that in matters of the spinal cord, it is better to first objectively assess the extent of the problem and then decide on the appropriate treatment. I am afraid that a yoga expert will not be able to accurately gauge the extent of the underlying disease.

I would suggest that you should first get a magnetic resonance imaging scan of the spine to assess the extent of compression. Thereafter, get yourself clinically assessed by an orthopaedic surgeon.

If he gives a XXXXXXX signal, then seek the services of a physiotherapist.

This would be the ideal way to approach your problem scientifically.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow up queries.