Lower back pain till neck, diarrhea. How can it be treated?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been having chronic lower back pains for 3 months now. It has gotten worse and is now going up my all up my back and neck. Just recently it has gone down both legs. I also have no feeling when you squeeze the skin on both outer hips. I have been having chronic diarrhea starting about the same time, maybe a month or so before. It's effecting my everyday activities and just seem like the pain keeps spreading and get worse and worse
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 10 hours later

Thanks for writing in,

It seems that there is a progressive nerve root compression occuring in your spinal cord, which might be causing the chronic low back pain with recent onset numbness in your thighs.

Your past medical history says "cervical cancer". It would be helpful to us to know the treatment you underwent or undergoing for the cancer, duration of treatment etc. That will also help us to relate whether the present diarrhea is because of cervical cancer or its treatment modality or due to other causes. Please let me know the details of the same.

You might need CT-Scan of pelvis with MRI of Lumbo-sacral spine to find the cause of your problem. Discuss with your doctor. A complete medical record will help us guide you better.