Lower back pain, tightness in chest and sore throat, heavy eyes and ears. What is causing this?

i have a very sore lower back pain, my chest is tight and throat very sore, my head is sore and heavy my eyes and ears ache, my temp hit 38.9 through the night but is now 38.4 i feel very floppy
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 3 hours later

Thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding the problems you are experiencing.

From the details provided to me it looks like you are suffering from high fever, generalized myalgia, sore throat and fatigue indicating the possibility of viral infection in you. Most viral myalgias are self limiting and need only over the counter medications like Brufen, Tramadol, Naproxen which works both for fever and muscle pains.

My recommendation would be for you to see your general practitioner if fever persists and your symptoms persists beyond 48-72 hours. You may needs couple of blood tests if fever continues to detect inflammation and to rule out underlying conditions.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate.

If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist.