Lower back pain, thirsty, frequent urination, abdominal pain, white discharge, negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?

Hello Doctor,

I am trying to conceive from last 4 months. I am married for 1 year 4 months. I have regular periods of 32 days. And cycle is of 5 days.

This time period was due on 28th July. We had intercourse on August 12th,14th and 15th. I did not get my periods yet.

I am having lower back ache, more thirsty, going to bath room frequent, little bit abdominal pain once in a while. A white egg yolk kind of discharge is there. But it is not think very thin.

I took 2 home pregnancy test. Both came negative. Today is my 40th day. I dont have any signs of getting periods.

I wanted to know the possiblity of me being pregnant.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 39 minutes later
Ovulation occurs 14 days before your due date & to be pregnant intercourse should be done in unsafe period that is 2 days before & 3 days after ovulation.
As you had intercourse in unsafe period, chances of your being pregnant are there, that is 15-20% in one cycle.
Your symptoms are indicating towards early pregnancy.
For confirmation get your blood beta-HCG test done.If that is positive it means you are pregnant.
I will be available for your follow up queries.
Follow-up: Lower back pain, thirsty, frequent urination, abdominal pain, white discharge, negative pregnancy test. Pregnant? 16 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I took a test today as well, it also came up negative. I was just wondering why home tests are coming negative. Is it possible to have home tests negative even after periods late by 9 days. Does test results indicates any issues.

I dont have any nausea,vomiting sensation etc. Is this normal.

I am going to the blood beta HCG test today evening. I will let you know the results?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 42 minutes later

These days pregnancy kit is so much sensitive that it can detect pregnancy even 3rd to 4th day of missing your periods & if even on 9th day your test is coming negative it means you may not be pregnant.

However, your symptoms like increased frequency of passing urine are indicating towards early pregnancy it means you have developed pseudocyesis means symptoms of pregnancy are there without pregnancy. Woman who wants to conceive as early as possible develops such kind of situation.

So for confirmation get your blood beta-hcg done , if it comes positive then well and good & if comes negative then get relaxed because there are 15-20% chances of getting pregnant in one cycle.

In negative situation, consult your gynecologist to take progesterone medication for withdrawal bleeding means to get menses.

I hope your query has been answered.

All the best.