Lower back pain, stomach cramps and brown discharge. On loestrin. Possible side effects?

hello i am on loestrin 24 fe and i have questions about possible side effects
I have been having lower back pain, stomach cramping and my cycle was just one and a half days of brown discharge. Now I am really bloated and my nipples have little bumps on them. Took pregnancy test and it was negative.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 39 minutes later

The tablet loestrin 24 fe that you are taking is a oral contraceptive pill. It contains combination of 2 hormones (an estrogen and a progestin).

The problems that you are having like back pain, stomach cramping and some irregularity in cycle are known side effects of this drug. Along with this it can cause breast discomfort also.

Most of these symptoms are self limiting and settles in some time. In case they bother you too much or persists , please speak to your doctor and take his advice before continue them further.

In mean time

Take light diet,
Take these tablets after evening meal
Take only as advised
Drink more fluids during the day.
You can take anti spasmodic tablets for stomach cramps and some mild analgesic like Tylenol for backache.

Before discontinuing them please talk to your doctor and use some other form of contraception.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.