Lower back pain, obese, endometriosis. Taking ibuprofen and naproxen. What should be done?

i am a 42 year old obese female with lower back pain that doesn't go away in spite of ibuprofen, can't take naproxen. i have symptoms of endometriosis that are especially difficult when i have my period because of major swelling and pain. lately, i have a dull ache in my lower abdomen, as well as experiencing extreme tiredness. what should i do? i need energy and the pain is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The pain in your lower abdomen is likely to be due to endometriosis. In case the pain is persistent then surgical treatment needs to be considered after consulting with your gynecologist.
If ibuprofen is not helping you, then you can consider taking stronger analgesics or opioids after consulting your physician. Hot fomentation also helps in pain relief.
Consulting a pain specialist will help in assessing the severity of pain and specific treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.