Lower back pain, kidney problems, worse while lying down, comes and goes, treatment ?

I am having dull lower back pain - pretty sure it's connected to my kidneys - it's worse when i lay down for periods of time - especially in the morning. I've had this pain for as long as I can remember. It's not constant. It comes and goes every so often. Right now it really hurts.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 34 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Lower back pain can be due to various reasons as generalised muscle strain,bone conditions,kidney disorders,pelvic disorders etc.Considering your age and the nature of pain possibility of any bone disorder does not seem to be there.
It might be either due to kidney stone,infection or ovarian cysts,fibroids etc.If there is any problem while urinating then it points towards kidney disease and any menstrual issues point towards pelvic disorder.
It has been long since the pain is present so you need to get it examined and rule out the exact cause.Investigations as USG scan and urine analysis would help in confirmation of the diagnosis.
Consider visiting a Primary Physician for clinical examination and investigations and then take the appropriate treatment as advised.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.