Lower back pain in 26th week of pregnancy. Can Volini be applied?

Hi, My wife is in 26th week of pregnancy and having lower back pain. Can we apply volini? Or please suggest something else...
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 53 minutes later

Due to lordosis in pregnancy ligaments get stretched & cause lower backache.

First you should do some conservative measures like warm compresses and rest in left lateral position.
If your wife does not get relief, then she can apply volini up to 28 weeks.

In third trimester means 28 weeks onwards NSAID pain killers should be avoided. So do not use any pain killers without the advice of your obstetrician. She can use plain paracetamol if the pain is severe.

I hope your query has been answered. Let me know if you have follow up queries.