Lower back pain, getting Radio Frequency Injection and take Naprosyn but no help. Can disc replacement be done?

Spine Surgeon
I have lower back pain from L3 to S1 have been getting Radio Frequency Injections for the last 3 years and there is just no improvement. I take Naprosyn which don't help either and getting fed up with it all. My youngest Son seen a thing on TV about disc Replacement which sounds better than fusion which I was going to suggest to the Specialist at the Hospital. I have had this problem for over 30 years but as I am getting older (now 70) it just seems to be getting worse

Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please send your xray

Detailed Answer:
you have multilevel degeneration. Disc replacement is usually considered in young patients and in this procedure we usually remove disc only. You must be having disc and facet disease. I would prefer fusion rather than disc replacement. If possible please upload your xray and mri. Thanks.