Ask a Urologist   »  

Lower back pain, frequent need to urinate, nausea. Taken antibiotics for blood in urine

Lower back/buttock pain right side, frequent need to urinate, nausea, I had no injury, went to dr. done urine test, blood in urine, put on antibiotics, with no diagnosis, told to come back on tues. If
still in
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 39 minutes later
Most probably there are two possibilities-
First is urinary tract infection that will be subsided after taking antibiotics.
Second one is ureteric stones, in that case pain will not subside & you would have to consult your doctor again for further investigations like ultrasound whole abdomen.
I hope your query has been answered.I will be available for your further queries.