Lower back pain, diarrhea, toe numbness, left side stomach pain. Have ovarian cysts. Related to pain now?

hi ive been experiencing lower back pain very low back pain sometimes i feel like the pain travels too my legs and diarrhea when i have that back pain. sometimes it even hurts to walk or sit from the pain. ive been to my doc about it and she said i prob just need to lose weight, im 5'4 155 lbs not too overweight, i would like to find out what going on. i do occasionally have toe numbness when i get this pain and left sided stomach pain. i was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst a few years ago dont know if i still have it or if the pain could even be associated with it
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I advice you to calculate you BMI, using online calculator which are available on most of the site.
I think you will fall in over weight category. Loosing weight not only will be helpful reducing the back pain but also useful in cases of PCOD. Pain in abdomen might be due to cyst i advice you to go for ultrasound to confirm.
Back pain can be benefited by correcting posture and physiotherapy, using stretches and traction. The therapist will show you how to do exercises that make your back muscles stronger, so you can prevent future back pain.
But it is very important to loose weight.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.