Lower back pain. On voveran tablets for pain relief. History of low BP, thyroid. Neurologist or orthopedic specialist?

My Wife 37 years (79 Kgs) old lifted a heavy object yesterday causing severe lower back pain. Have given her couple of cold and hot packs treatment giving her very little relief. THe Pain is more when she tries walks. She took a Vovoran Tablet as Pain killer last night gave her some relief.

She has LOW BP 105-110/60-65 and Thyroid - Thyronorm 75 mg daily.

Which MEDICENE can we give Mobozox or Diclogesic ? Which is Safer. Are both same and Dosage in 24 Hours.
Also we should see a Neurologist or Orthopedic or ?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I am happy your questions are straight forward.

Mobizox is a muscle relaxant, it would be more apt and safer in this situation. Even better would be a combination of aceclofenac with chlorzoxazone which will kill the pain and cause muscle relaxation. It can be given upto 2 times daily.

But I have to warn you that these medicines cause severe gastritis so a pantoprazole is always necessary along with these painkillers and might mask the actual injury.
Please donot consider this my prescription to you.

Your wife should XXXXXXX an orthopedician, not a neurologist.

Please use the following advice. It will certainly help you

1. Give ample bed rest
2. Avoid walking until you XXXXXXX your doctor
3. Continue hot packs on the joint
4. Avoid lifting heavy weights

I wish your wife a speedy recovery

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries kindly accept my answer