Lower back issues, had ACDF with double fusion. Can you help?

In August of 2011 I had an ACDF with a double fusion. Now, I am having major issues in my lower back and my surgeon cannot see me for one month. Can you help?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

ACDF is Anterior Cervical Discectomy and fusion. It is a procedure done to treat nerve compression. Decompression of the spinal cord and nerve roots of the spinal cord is done.
We can certainly help you with your back problem but first you will have to tell us what problems you are facing. Please try to describe the problem in as much detail as possible and along with it please also answer the following questions

1. When did you start having the problems and is it progressing?
2. Have you had fever post surgery? Any history of long standing cough
3. Do you have ant co morbid illness like diabetes, hypertension?
4. What is your profession?

I am awaiting your reply