Lower abdominal pain, nausea. Taking microlite, missed some doses. HPT came negative. Could I be pregnant?

Mar 2013
Hi i am on the pill microlite. I was a day late with day 6 took 2 pills, (had breakthrough bleeding after this) missed days 13 (spotting day 18) missed days 19-21 of the pack. I had sex on day 2,3,5,7,8,9 and 20. Took hpt it was negetive but my period isnt due for another 4 days. i have lower abdominal pain, loose bm and nausea. Is there a high chance I could be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Actually birth control pills are 99 % effective in preventing a pregnancy.
So chances of them faiing are quite low.
However you have been very erratic in taking them the past month, so chances of pregnancy are reasonably high.
Just wait for your period, and if overdue, test for a pregnancy at the earliest.
Take care and feel free to ask further questions.