Lower abdominal pain, muscle pain in legs. Done kidney test. On homeopathy. Please advise

Jan 2013

Hello Doctor, I am having a lower abdominal pain for last 6-7months. Some sharp pain on the veins and burning sense at some times. Also have regular kidney stone tests, CT scan of abdomen and PSA. Nothing was found in the reports. Met many doctors, but not much as as a result. I am currently on Homeopathy and the doctor thinks that it may be appendicitis or something like that.I think it may be nerves related or pelvis related. Please advice
Also, I cant sit continuously on the chair as I find my leg muscles feels stretched and get some unexplainable pain.
No problem while urinating; occasionally I feel pain while urinating but not quite often. No vomiting sensation, fever or any other issues that I have encountered in last 6-7months
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 58 minutes later
Have you undergone colonoscopy and upper gastro-intestinal tract endoscopy?
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ increased frequency of defecation/ excessive flatulence?
Do you have mucus discharge from anus?
Some people have spastic colon because of spasticity in smooth muscles of intestine.
Pain in lower limb also suggest involvement of muscle although type of muscles in limbs are skeletal muscles.
You should consult with gastro-physician/ physician and should go for CPK-MB.
Considering your age and described all other symptoms, there may be possibility of IBS.
For IBS, you should take probiotics, rifaximin, anti-spasmodics on written prescription.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Lower abdominal pain, muscle pain in legs. Done kidney test. On homeopathy. Please advise 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor, On your questions,
I underwent a abdomincal CT scan and not any other colonoscopy and upper gastro-intestinal tract endoscopy tests. I dont have any mucus discharge from Onus. I can sleep comfortably upside down; in few instances, I had sharp pin pain 2inch below my naval. If I press here, I feel the pain, this pain radiates and whole day I will have pain. Generally this pain starts early in the morning when I go to pass the motion. Then I will also have unexplainable pain in my legs (muscels). Some kind of discomfort all the time. Please suggest me the medication or anyone that I could XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 11 hours later
Pain in abdomen in early morning and relieved after defecation is suggestive of IBS.
You should go for colonoscopy and UGI endoscopy.
In IBS, antispasmodics, rifaximin, probiotics are effective.
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava