Lower abdominal pain, delivered a baby, stretchy discharge, water in abdomen, inflammation. Related?

hello i am 33, had baby almost 3 months ago. Don't know if this is related, but after about 5 weeks after giving birth i started to have lower abdominal pain(on the left) and a lot of very stretchy discharge. I am not breastfeeding now. had 2 scans. One said all ok, another (private) suggested i have too much water in abdomen and suggested inflamation,but doctor said it all normal and just wait tillit gets better.Almost 3 months later i still have same pain and same discharge.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

Having left sided lower abdominal pain and a lot of vaginal discharge is most likely to be due to vaginal fungal infection with pelvic inflammation.

I would like to have some more information regarding your problem to give you an informed opinion.

1. Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
2. Any relation to food intake or passage of urine?
3. Is the pain colicky?
4.Is the pain so severe as to initiate vomiting?
5. Can you pinpoint the origin of pain with your one finger? Please try to describe the point of maximum pain.
6. Any history of constipation?

Meanwhile for pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy food.

Awaiting an early response.

Follow-up: Lower abdominal pain, delivered a baby, stretchy discharge, water in abdomen, inflammation. Related? 55 minutes later
1, the pain is pretty much constant, although i had odd day or two without the pain
2. No relation to food intake or urine
3. It's a dull pulling pain on left side very low and sometimes sharper, more stabbing
pain across stomach. I wouldn't discribe it as coliky
4. The pain is very dull most of the time, may be 3 out of 10
5.Yes i can pin point pain on the left very low, although recently i started to have pains higer up across stomach as well
6. i have slight constipation sometimes, but i am passing stools at the moment and pain doesn't get better after
just wanted to add my discharge is clear, no smell, but very stretchy, boggy like and ecsessive, which is very unusual for me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Excessive vaginal discharge is indicative of vaginal fungal infection. I presume that you are breast feeding, so you can use clotrimazole vaginal suppositories to relieve your symptoms.

The pain lower down on the left side is most likely a pelvic inflammation. It needs a broad spectrum antibiotic for the treatment. Preferably oral or injectable antibiotics may be needed.

Please consult your Gynaecologist to confirm the same, to discuss the necessary investigations and treatment.

Hope this helps you.

Wishing you an early recovery.