Lower abdominal pain, back pain and headache. Found cyst in abdomen. Family history of colon cancer

May 2013
I have been suffering from sever lower abdominal pain that radiates into my lower back. The pain feels similar to back contractions and runs into my upper legs and thighs. It feels like my legs are about to go numb and like they are losing blood flow. I have been dizzy, nauseated, had protestant headaches, bloating, night sweats, soar throat, and blood in stool. Yesterday the pain got so bad and I developed a 101.9 fever so I went to the Er. They found a 3mm cyst in my abdomen and are doing a colonoscopy and ultra sound on the cyst next week.I have a history of colon cancer in my family, however, something tells my it's nit my colon. I am worried it's something serious and the pain is getting worse and the fever won't break. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
In irritable bowel syndrome some amount of pain abdomen, episodes of constipation etc. are common.
Constipation can lead to blood in stools also.
You better go for:
Complete blood picture with coagulation profile.
Thyroid profile

You didn't mention what cyst is that. If that is ovarian cyst, 3mm ovarian cyst will not cause any problem usually. But better to get investigated.
After this primary workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be taken.
Meanwhile you can take symptomatic treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.