Lower abdominal, back pain, fatigue and having loose stool. Is this digestion related problem?

HI, I'm a 40-year-old woman and physically fit/ petite frame. The last week or so my abdomen has become extremely distended and rigid. Pain in the very low abdomen and very low back. Extreme fatigue.... loose stools, and cannot be pregnant (sexually active but have not missed any periods, although they have been light, and breasts not tender). It is difficult to tell if it is digestive or related to female organs. Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The possibilities I can think of in your case are:
1. Premenstrual changes (bloating sensation, fatigue, pain lower abdomen and back).
2. Indigestion/gas trapped in the intestines.
3. fever, burning urination or increased frequency of urination).
4. Gynaecological problems.
5.Thyroid disorders.

I would advise you to visit your doctor for a complete evaluation if symptoms are persisting.

In the meantime, do drink warm water at regular intervals. Drinking warm water , aids in good digestion.

Avoid spicy / oily food. Rice gruel with salt to taste would be ideal (easy to digest, reduces loose stools, provides energy)

Hope this helps.

Do get back to me if you have any further queries.

Get well soon.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan