Lower abdomen pain, masturbate. Done Ovulation test. Taken Fertomid. Is there any side-effects of medication and masturbation?

Infertility Specialist
Question

I have taken Fertomid 50 for 5 days starting from 11th June(3rd day of MC cycle) until 16th , once a day...Have tested with ovulation test kit on 19th and 20th and I was ovulating... Me and my husband had contacts on 19th,20th and 21st..I had masturbated on 22nd and 23rd..Will that decrease my chances of conceiving???Also,I had experienced lower abdomen pain,especially the place where my ovaries are located and also experiencing bloating problem...is this is related to the drug I am taking???Also can I go for swimming while trying for pregnancy???
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 8 hours later

The drug fertomid is usually used to produce eggs in the ovary. It’s usually taken under supervision of a doctor. It is safe in most cases.

The ovulation induction kits helps to maximise the chance of getting pregnant in a cycle, provided your fallopian tubes are open and your husband's semen count is normal.

The pain you experienced in the lower part of the abdomen is experienced by many women around the ovulation time.

Masturbation does not affect the chance of getting pregnant.

Hope to have answered your query. Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Dr XXXXXXX thakkar

Follow-up: Lower abdomen pain, masturbate. Done Ovulation test. Taken Fertomid. Is there any side-effects of medication and masturbation? 4 hours later
Thanks for replying my query.My doctor has prescribed me Fertomid after she saw my test reports.
I was ovulating on 19th as per the ovulation kit,
Does that mean my fallopian tubes are open?
What are the symptoms of closed tubes?
How can I get this checked?
My husbands semen count is normal.

My test results:

FSH: 9.9 mlU/mL

LH: 6.1mlU/mL

Prolactin: 24.3 ng/ml

Estradiol 2: 92 pg/ml

Serum Progestrone:1.2 ng/ml

Serum Insulin:2.6 ulU/mL

DHEAS: 0.9 ug/ml

HUSBAND'S:

SPERM COUNT:82

68% ACTIVELY MOTILE

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 24 hours later

Thank you for writing in again

The tests you have sent are in normal limits.

Positive ovulation kit does not indicate open fallopian tubes. Ovulation occurs from the ovary. This process has no connection with the fallopian tubes being open or blocked. Patency of tubes can be checked using special tests like hysterosalingogram (HSG) or laparoscopy + XXXXXXX test.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Dr. Nandita Thakkar