Low testosterone,erectile dysfunction,fatigue,sleep disturbance,small genitals

Hello! Okay so here is my problem, I am pretty sure I have low testosterone levels. My symptoms are low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, mood problems, fatigue and sleep disturbances. I sleep 9 hours every night, I train 4-5 times at the gym every week, and I eat good and healthy. Forget about lifestyle changes, I have already tried it. I was a late bloomer and didnt hit puberty untill I was 17. My penis and testicles has always been small, and I remember being shy in the shower when I was in high school. Now Im 21 and I almost dont have any facial hair. My doctor did take testosterone measurements about half a year ago, but things has gotten way worse since than. Now I am a student with low interest in woman, and I am worried about my future health. Can you please come with good advice for me? I think I need medical help from an expert, as I have no clue what to do.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 13 hours later

I can understand that you are a 21 year old male with a history of delayed puberty. Your concern now seems to be related to low facial hair, decreased sexual drive and small penis.

All your complains seems to be related to probable hypogonadism. The problem can be either in your testis or in your brain(Pituitary gland). it can still rarely be constituinal delay in puberty, that resolves by itself.

You will require an complete clinical examination to asssess your size of testis and other secocondary sexual characters. you may also require a complete hormonal evaluation including testosterone, LH, FSH, and prolactin. These examination and tests will help to confirm and localise the problem if any.

Then we can plan for appropiate treatment. These are definitly treatable conditions, do not be worried.

Hope this answers your query. Wishing you good health