Low sperm count shown in semen analysis report and prescribed with Q Gold. Suggest suitable way to increase the sperm count

Question
HI I am XXXXXXX from bangalore, married since 04 yrs, recently i got semen analysis done thrice , result says that the semen count is low (1.5 million to 06 million ) Once the diagnostic lab didnt even analyse the sample saying that the semen volume is low ( 01 ml ), i was prescribed to take Q Gold tablets for 01 month and repeat the analysis, after 01 month the count was 06 million, motality: 10%, Rapid linear progress 5%, slow linear progress 10%, Non progress 10%, immotile 10%, agglutination: absent, pus cells: 6-8 Final impression: infertile Kindly suggest what has to be done to increase the sperm count
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 16 minutes later
pl do an ultrasound of scrotum and meet an andrologist or urologist. you should also do FSH LH prolactin TSH hormones fasting. avoid exposure to hot climate wear loose garments . if the count doesnot get better you will need to go in for intrauterine insemination

Follow-up: Low sperm count shown in semen analysis report and prescribed with Q Gold. Suggest suitable way to increase the sperm count 32 minutes later
HI Can you suggest me few oral medicines which can improve the sperm count, there after if its not working i can look for above said options I understand few of my friends been through the same scenario and were able to parent a child after taking medicine such as L-arginine for duration of 01 month kindly suggest

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 3 minutes later
you can take argin sachets once daily with water lycored caps twice daily along with gold q that you have been taking. it's important to hasten things if your wife is over 30 yrs

Follow-up: Low sperm count shown in semen analysis report and prescribed with Q Gold. Suggest suitable way to increase the sperm count 7 minutes later
My wife is 25 yrs old, we both had got consulted for any abnormalities in parenting a child, she absolutely normal as per the reports reviewed by the doctor After how many days should i repeat the analysis, if post analysis if the count doesn't improve what should be done to parent a child IUI, IFV which one is the best choice

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 minutes later
repeat semen exam after 6-8 weeks. if there is no pregnancy in 6-12 months time you should try IUI for upto 6 cycles and then go for IVF. the cost of IUI is about 3-7000 while cost of IVF is 1.5 lakhs approx per cycle so don't rush for IVFj