Low sperm count, high thyroid levels. On steroids, eltroxin, lupi hcg injections. How can I increase sperm count?

Question
XXXXXXX AGE 29 GENDER M WEIGHT 81 HEIGHT 160CM

NAPHROTIC SYNDROME AT THE AGE OF 2 YEARS HAD A COURSE OF STEROIDS FOR LONG TIME.
BAD THROUGHT ALWAYS.
PRESENTLY HAVING HIGH THYROD LEVEL OF 11.80.
HAVING LOWER SPERM COUNT AND TAKING ELTROXIN 75 AND INJ OF LUPI HCG 2000 ON ALTERNATE DAYS FROM ONE AND HALF MONTH.
I USE TO EAT PAN MASALA (BETEL NUT) IN LARGE QUANTITY AT PRESENT.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO INCREASE THE LOW SPERM COUNT AND HIGH THYROID LEVEL.
AS I AM TAKING THIS LUPI HCG 2000 INJ (HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN INJ. 2000 I.U.) IN LARGE NUMBERS TILL YET, IS THERE ANY SIDE EFFECT OF THE SAME ON OUR BODY.
WHAT DIET SHOULD BE TAKEN TO COME UP WITH MY PROBLEMS.
I AND MY WIFE HAVE TRIED IUI TWICE BUT THE RESULT WAS NEGATIVE, NOW THE DOCTOR IS ADVISING TO GO FOR IVF IS THAT SAFE AND GOOD FOR CHILD TO COME PLS ADVICE.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
I have seen the report attached with this query.
In low sperm count hcg injections usually help in increasing the sperm count.
Dietary modifications are also helpful. Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for sperm problems, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, pan masala. Take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very crucial to sperm health. You can take appropriate supplements for these.
A repeat semen examination after some time after consulting a fertility specialist or urologist is required.
Regarding the raised thyroid levels, i think it is the TSH levels which are raised which is suggestive of hypothyroidism. Thyroid supplementation is the best treatment. You are already taking eltroxin for this.
The diet for hypothyroid should not include raw foods such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, XXXXXXX spinach, peaches, pears, strawberries, radishes and millet as these help in further lowering the thyroid hormone levels in the body. Taking seafood will help you.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.