Low sperm count and motility. Is a low sperm count reversible?

Infertility Specialist

is a very low sperm count (0.1 mil/ml) and a very low motility determine that me and my partner wont be able to concive naturally ,is a low sperm count reversible?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Sperm count of 0.1 million / ml is very low. The only method to conceive by this method is ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) directly into oocyte. 2) Such a low count is generally irreversible. But he can start taking antioxidant medications as to make an attempt. But still ICSI is best option to conceive. 3) I would like to know following information to understand his condition. Please reply to following queries : 1) Why was he on testesterone medications ? 4) When hair loss started ? During diet or after dieting ? 5) Whats his present weight & heoght ? 6) What was the diet plan he followed ? Please send me complete details of diet plan he followed to loose 50kg as to understand if this is cause & possibility of reversing count. 7) Since when is he on thyroid medication ? How much is dose 8) It would be helpful if you can send any recent blood test report if you have. 9) You can e mail me on YYYY@YYYY . I want to give more detailed reply & solution after seeing the reply for above queries which will help me in treating him. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist.