Low sperm count. Can honey increase sperm count? Advise about ways to increase sperm count.

I am suffering from Low sperm count(1 million) .I am having Honey regularly.Can honey increases the sperm count?Kindly advise the ways to increase the sperm count?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Honey consumption does show a positive effect on sperm health.
Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general, and also for sperm count problems, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed. Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very crucial to sperm health.
Some suggestions for you:
1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count.
2) Take a Zinc, selenium, l-carnitine, vitamins C and E supplementation once daily for few months.
3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol.
4) Do some form of exercise daily.
5) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.