Low sexual desire, erectile dysfunction. Suggest ayurvedic or allopathic medicine available in Indian shops?

I am 33 years old, male. Normal Vegetarian. No other problems. Regular height and regular weight. Got Married 4 years ago. My wife is eager to conceive and she is also undergoing treatment for PCO. Nowadays, my sexual desire is very low. Also erectile dys function problem due to tension nowadays. Can you please suggest an ayurvedic or allopathy medicine (with no side effects) (AVAILABLE IN INDIAN MEDICAL SHOPS) to increase my sexual desire and also to correct erectile dys function so that we can do intercourse as many times as possible during follicular study time for my wife.. Eagerly awaiting your reply.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing in,
There are several things which can affect sexual desire and I think they need to be addressed first. The stress levels need to be reduced by yoga, exercise, XXXXXXX breathing. You should also focus on your relationship. Other things like increased foreplay and will also help.
I would also you want you to do a simple blood glucose level ( fasting) to rule out diabetes. This can sometimes contribute to erectile dysfunction.
As far medication is concerned, various drugs like sildenafil or tardalafil are available. However, you need to have your blood pressure checked and a proper history to be taken before these drugs can be prescribed. You will need to see your physician for that.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Follow-up: Low sexual desire, erectile dysfunction. Suggest ayurvedic or allopathic medicine available in Indian shops? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply. My BP is very much normal. My sugar level also normal. Tested few months ago. I am also doing walking exercise properly. Could you please suggest some medicines (Ayurvedic or Allopathy) (available in indian medical shops) for the problem said by me. I shall work on the stress and other things adviced by you.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

I would suggest taking capsule Multivite FM or Revital once in a day as an antioxidant which may help your low libido.

Other specific medicine is sildenafil (Viagra) tablet which is available only on prescription from your physician. Due to the side effect profile of this drug, it should be used under the guidance of your doctor.

Hope I answered your query.
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.