Low progesterone levels, anovulation. Advice on birth control pills?

What would be the best type of pill to take with anovulation? My progesterone was low, checked by lab. I do not want another child now. I have been on several methods in the past.
Posted Sat, 28 Jun 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
All types of combined oc pills cause anovulation.However,since you are 38 yrs old, and have a history of hypertension, you can take progesterone only pills as the choice of pill.There are 2 modes of administration.Either you take it as a oral pill or you can use it as an intra uterine system(Mirena).For you i would suggest The latter.There are several types of mini- pills available in the market.But you need to be careful about taking it on time everyday.Missing the pill can cause you to fall pregnant.Hence,the IUS would be more advisable.
If you have more queries,please get back to me.