Low mild pain in stomach, vomiting tendencies, high SGPT, SGOT, bilirubin normal. Diet suggestions ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
SGPT & SGOT both are high , > 130, what should I eat / when / how many times. Hb is 11. Bilirubin is in normal range. I am feeling low, mild pain on left side of stomach, vomitting tendency. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 12 hours later

I would like to know some more things to suggest you better.

1. Have you checked your liver function test before as well? or has this been the first time that you have checked SGOT/SGPT and found it high?

2. If you have checked it before has it been normal or elevated?

3. Are rest of liver function tests normal?

4. Have you had fever recently?

Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. If you are not a diabetic, diets with carbohydrates are fine. Avoid oily foods in general.

Please consult your physician for physical examination and investigation like ultrasound abdomen to confirm the exact cause.

You can use drugs belonging to category Proton pump inhibitor with Domperidone for example Veloz D for vomiting. You can repeat your liver function tests after 4-6 weeks.

I hope, I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up query if any.