Low libido after menopause. Taking estrogen. Had hysterectomy

Mar 2016

hi I ordered a harmone cream to help with my libido. I am 69 years old and I'me gong on a honey money cruse XXXXXXX 5. Would it be safe for me to use for a while. I have had a hysterectomy many years ago. I am taking a very low dose of estrogen wth a little testosterome for about a month.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Low libido is quite common after menopause due to reduced level of estrogen and testosterone level in blood. Mental stress, depression, lack of sleep, over weight are the other causes. Taking low dose estrogen and little testosterone will be more effective to build up your libido and benefited during honey moon period. So, you must continue them till that time. Another thing, vaginal dryness should be eliminated through proper moisturizer like Replens, Luvena etc. Water based lubricant like Astroglide or K-Y Jelly can be used at bed time regularly. It increases functioning of vaginal gland for more lubrication and reduces vaginal dryness. You can use it prior to intimation. FOODS: Here, I give you some list of foods which can boost your libido like Black Raspberries, Broccoli, Cloves, Garlic, Figs, Watermelon, Eggs, Ginseng, Saffron, Lettuce, Ginger, Cocoa, Chilies, Chocolate, Asparagus, Avocados, Pumpkin Seeds, Celery etc. Physical fitness and body weight control are essential. In addition, you must avoid Oysters, Processed Baked Goods, Dairy products which can decrease sex drive. Hope, I have guided you with my experience. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and enjoy your honeymoon on scheduled time. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW