Low hemoglobin, overweight. History of GERD, sinusitis, canker sores. Can I do strength and cardio training?

I am anemic with a haemoglobin count of 7 and i am a bit overweight around 69 kgs..height 5.7... want to loose weight..
I feel very unstable energy levels with sudden highs and lows.. sonetimes feel light headed when i do some physical activity..I have lately started some strength training which is a bit exhausting around 1 1/2hr per day...but it seems to have improved stamina..i wanted to know can if I continue it with it since anemia had been a complaint since around 3 to 4 yrs and it keeps on going down again i have to be on medicines.....
last year i went through a detox process wherein I was on raw food for about 20 days or so and then we had a salt water gulping program wherein i gulped around 16 glasses of extremely salty water after which it took some days to be normal .. had to face diarhhea for a month or so after detox and then on i have faced GERD and acidity, canker sores which dont heal and restrict my eating to mostly bland food.. its been a year i was trying homeopathy but not much results finally now i resorted to allopathy with prescription of local physician and have showed pretty progress since last two weeks... able to eat some of the the past have sinusitis history too..
I want to know if i can continue my regular strngth and cardio training for around 1 1/2 hr daily and i am a eggs but i have dairy products..
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
Thanks for the query XXXXXXX

You are suffering from severe anemia which has to be taken care of immediately.

To tackle anemia we first have to find out the cause for anemia. For that you will have to undergo some blood tests like a peripheral smear and iron studies. Since you are a vegetarian kindly get your Vitamin B12 levels done, low Vitamin B12 levels are seen in vegetarians and can cause similar symptoms. Urine routine and stool for occult blood are also important. Next step is to get an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis done.

According to studies, Anemia below 7.5 should be treated with blood transfusion and in your case at least 2 packed cells. Please XXXXXXX your physician for the same.

Please avoid exercises until your anemia is fixed as this will cause a strain on heart.

If there is anything else you would like to know, please let me know. Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Have a speedy recovery.