Low hemoglobin, fatigue, eye burn, stomach disorder

my blood hemoglobin percent low 8.8%, and feel fatigue,eye burns,some time stomach disorders.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

Your low hemoglobin count is referred to as anemia. Anemia symptoms can include fatigue and stomach disorders.

Burning eyes seem not to have any connection with the other symptoms. This condition has many possible cause: exposure to environmental pollutants (tobacco smoke, smog, or dust), allergies or infection with bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.

The most important thing at this moment is to find and treat the cause of the anemia, because anemia can be a life-threatening disease. I am thinking right now to some gastrointestinal conditions, such as ulcers, gastritis or a poor diet, but you should give me more details and for sure do more investigations.

Please describe me the stomach disorders. Let me know if you follow any specific diet. Have you noticed blood in stool or have your stool appeared black and tarry?

I am looking forward to your reply.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD