Low heart rate and cold body temperature. Why?

very ice cold body temp and low heart rate?? what can it be please??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

I am very concerned if you are telling me that symptoms are involved including low heart rate in very cold body temperature. My main concern in this case would be some type of infection.

We usually associate fever with infection but sometimes if someone is severely ill there may not actually be a real fever involved. I would also consider any other symptoms such as respiratory symptoms or urinary symptoms or gastrointestinal issues such as persistent diarrhea.

I thank you again for submitting your question. If you have additional information regarding the patient I would be happy to also discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert