Ask a Urologist   »  

Low grade prostrate cancer. Painful urination.On external beam radiation, prescribed Terazosin. Can Terazosin and Advil or Acetaminophen be taken together?

I have low grade prostate cancer and having external beam radiation treatments. I am having burning,
urgent and painful urination. My Dr .prescribed Terazosin 1 mg. to help with the flow of urine. Can I take Terazosin and advil or acetaminophen together.
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
  Terazosin relaxes the smooth muscles of the bladder neck and the prostate, increasing urine flow.
There is no problem taking Advil or acetaminophen along with terazosin,but you should inform your doctor about it.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.