Low erection, planning for pregnancy, stressful worklife. Taken fludac as prescribed. Erectile dysfunction?

Dear Doctor,

This is related to sexologist . I am married from last 2 years , I had a good sex life
but since last 2-3 months i am not getting proper eraction because of which I am not
able to penetrate ,we like to have baby at the earliest .I am into business and most
of the time my mind is busy thinking about business .

I had been to urologist and he prescribed me fludac 40 mg for every night from last 7 days ,but It seems this doesn't work .I am not even able to hold for 1 min erection .I think i am suffering from Erectile Dysfunction .Please help .
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi here. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

I suggest you to stop taking Fludac now. This is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI) and will anaesthetize you sexually. It is absolutely not the correct treatment. It can only make you worse.

Your erectile dysfunction is being caused by performance anxiety. You are looking at yourself and wondering if your erection is going to last. These negative thoughts are blocking the message that your brain is trying to get to your penis. Your brain keeps getting a "busy signal".

You can try Cialis which can be obtained with prescription from your doctor and take it a few hours before lovemaking. These will give you a good strong erection and help you get your confidence back.

If this continues to be a problem then take intercourse off the menu for a few weeks but do everything else sexually. You are going to be fine.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.
Follow-up: Low erection, planning for pregnancy, stressful worklife. Taken fludac as prescribed. Erectile dysfunction? 14 hours later
Thankyou doc for the information.. I hope this will work on me as me n my are egerly trying for a baby.. my wife has got all of her reports normal...Will surely follow the treatment ..but plz tell me for how many days i have do this treatment and what is mg of the tablet u prescribed? Also plz tell me for baby planning what is the peak time to intercourse?
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 10 hours later
Hi there. Thanks for your follow up question.

20mg of cialis can be fine. You can talk to your doctor and get this prescribed by him/her. It needs to be taken an hour or so before intercourse for best results. These will give you a 36 hour window during which you should be able to get erections easily.

It is difficult to say how long it will take you to get your confidence back and not need Cialis anymore. It depends on how relaxed you can be about everything and stop worrying about this. You got this performance anxiety in the first place because there was pressure on you to make your wife pregnant!

For example don't worry about when you should have intercourse or her "fertile periods" or any of that nonsense. This will only put more pressure on yourself - the last thing you need right now. Have intercourse when you both feel like it, not when you think you should be doing it to make a baby!

Hope this suffices your needs. Let me know if you have any further concerns. If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Here's to your health and success.

Andrew Rynne.