Low dose steroid, minor stroke, epilepsy, used epilim, lamotrigine. Dianabol, nolvadex recommended?

Hi there,
I am 30yr old and have been a keen weight lifter/bodybuilder since I was 15 whilst also playing rugby. I did dabble with a short cycle or two of low dose steriods several yrs ago but I steered away from them as i got too big for discretion. A couple of years afterwards I got a nasty knock to the head and suffered a minor stroke which resulted in epilepsy. It took nearly 18months to control eventually 2500mg epilum and lamotrigine controlled it. and has done for 2 yrs. I am getting back to training and am considering the notion of a short steriod cycle again the 2-on 4-off XXXXXXX XXXXXXX cycle using dbol + nolvadex. Apart from not condoning such a move are there any likely negative interactions (bar the liver)?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Radhika 8 hours later

Thanks for the query,

There are many side effects of Dianabol like acne, alopecia, insomnia, changes in temper and most important liver damage.

In order to prevent this Dianabol side effect, users often limit the use of this steroid to 4 weeks and this had proven to be enough for gains to take place.

Nolvadex causes nausea, vomiting, numbness and blurred vision.
To prevent estrogenic side effects normally 10 mg/day are sufficient, a dosage which also keeps low the risk of reducing the effect of simultaneously taken steroids.

There seems to be no major interactions between these 2 drugs and the fact that you suffered from epilepsy few years ago. But I suggest you XXXXXXX a General Physician before taking steroids.

Hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow ups.
Follow-up: Low dose steroid, minor stroke, epilepsy, used epilim, lamotrigine. Dianabol, nolvadex recommended? 3 hours later
Thank you for your response.
I have another query.

When you say there seems to be no major interactions between the 2 drugs. Are you referring to between the epilepsy medication and the proposed dianabol+Nolvadex cycle?

My biggest concern here is that the Dbol + Nolva would render my Epilepsy meds less effective or worse.

I am meeting my Dr to arrange blood tests before hand and to discuss the above also. I would be very grateful to clear up my 2nd question.

Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

The two steroids do not have any major interaction among themselves. But the potency of your epilepsy medicines may decrease.

So it is best to consult your General physician before taking these steroids.

Hope i answered your question well to your satisfication.

Wish you a good health.