Low body temperature. Taking warfarin, metroprolol and digoxin for Atrial Fibrillation. Low temperature due to medication?

my body temp is around 96.8 most of the time. i'm 65 years old weight 250 6'4". i have afibs.
i take warfarin, lisinopril, metoprolol,digoxin. can these drugs lower my body temp, and is that normal.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query,

Some patients have a lower average body temperature and this is simply part of the way the brain maintains the temperature for that particular person.

At the same time we should consider other possible contributing factors such as thyroid dysfunction which might alter the temerapture. A quick blood test would help your doctor find out if there is an issue with the thyroid.

Your medications otherwise are not known for causing a change in body temperature and the fact that your body temperature runs lower than average is not cause for concern or worry.

Lastly, your weight may possibly play a role and I think it would be critically important for you to XXXXXXX with a nutritionist and a physical trainer to focus on optimizing your diet and activity levels to promote a more optimal weight.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and if you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga